Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful

Today was Nate's grandmother's funeral. It was a touching ceremony and really opened my eyes to what an amazing woman she really was. It also got me thinking (along with Thanksgiving coming up next week) about all the things that I am thankful for in my life.

First and foremost, I am thankful that I am healthy and most of my loved ones are healthy. For those that aren't healthy, I am thankful for the people taking care of them (you know who you are), as it's a very difficult (and somewhat thank-less) job that I can't imagine doing.

I am thankful for the wonderful man that I call my husband. He is the most selfless person that I've ever met, he always puts my needs and the kids needs before his own. He is also the hardest worker, period. I've never known anyone to work so many hours a day, almost everyday, just to make sure that the project is finished (and perfect) and to provide so many wonderful things for us - AND NEVER COMPLAIN!!!!!

I am thankful for my beautiful children (need I say more?)

I am thankful for my parents; for them guiding me through the years to become the person that I am today; for their generosity; their unconditional love, our family dinners and being only a few houses down to come visit daily (and to get those beautiful children out of my hair for a few hours).

I am thankful for all my great girlfriends, whether it be my high school friends, college friends, or my friends that I've met through Nate or the kids school. You all have meant so much to me over the years. Just being able to "shop" off some frustration or chat on the phone for hours catching up on life, or taking much needed girls weekends AWAY.

I am thankful that I LOVE my hobby of sewing. I am thankful that my mom was eager to teach me everything that she knows and I love that we are business partners and most of all, friends. I am thankful for all the wonderful people that we've met through our business; customers and other sellers.

I hope that all of you will be able to be with the people that you are thankful for this Holiday Season.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails