Monday, May 3, 2010

Sick....

Early Sunday morning, after a wonderful evening out with some friends to a delicious dinner and a girlie movie, I woke up to the sound of a seal barking. Right then I knew that someone in our house had the croup. If any of your children have had this, you know how scary it can make you feel. Poor Jack was the victim this time. I was so nervous about his breathing, that I almost scooped him up and headed to the ER. We tried to go in to the steam shower, but that made him upset and his breathing even more stressed. We tried the freezer in the house, but that darn Sub Zero doesn't push the cold air out like a regular refrigerator. So, Jack and I stood in the freezer in the garage while Nate was on the phone with the pediatrician. He finally calmed down after some Motrin and Gatorade, but I didn't sleep a wink the rest of the night. We hopped in the car when the doctor opened Sunday morning to get a dose of steroids. He seemed great after the doctor visit, so we headed out to Orlando to see Nate's mom & her husband who were in town from North Carolina. We spent the afternoon floating in the lazy river and letting the kids play with their grandparents. I am paying for it today, as now I'm sick and exhausted and the laundry isn't doing itself...

We didn't get any pictures on Sunday at the pool, but I had to share this picture of Mallory and her friend from her first swim meet... I will share more pictures tomorrow, but I thought this one would make you smile a bit :-)

Photobucket

1 comment:

LeShayne said...

Sorry to hear about the sickness - super cute picture! Who is she swimming for? Tori swam for the last two years and made a sudden switch to softball.

Related Posts with Thumbnails