Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stealing

Last night we were sitting on the couch watching the Lassie movie with the kids before bed, and Mallory (with her brain never shutting down) and I have this conversation:

Mallory: Why do people like to steal from us?
Me: I don't know anyone who steals from us, who are you talking about?
Mallory: You know, like the people at the grocery store, at the restaurants and Target?
Me: You mean the cashiers and the waitresses?
Mallory: Yes, they always take your money (credit card) and don't give you anything back.
Me: Sweetheart, we have to PAY for those things...
Mallory: Oh...

We like to give the kids money at the checkout line for them to pay for things and she is used to getting change back, so when she sees that I don't get any change back from using my credit card, she thinks they are stealing my money! We got a good chuckle out of that!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh & I get SO TIRED of them stealing from me too!!!!

LOL!

That's hilarious!!!

kaydensgracedesigns said...

LOL, too funny! LOVE the new pic too! :0) Tabitha

Erin W said...

LOL!!!! There is some truth to that!!! :o)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Tell her they do it here in PA as well! Very cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails