Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dresser Reveal

I have to say, for my first time refinishing something, this was pretty easy. It still needs a little smoothing with some steal wool and a coat of protective sealer, but I love the way it looks in my dining room now!

Here's the before:

Photobucket

Here's the after:

Photobucket

I used a can of Krylon white primer spray paint first, then 3-4 coats of Krylon Black Semi Gloss spray paint. With the handles, I used the primer spray, then 2 coats of Krylon Brushed Metallic - Satin Nickel. I love the spray paint, because it dries in just a few minutes. I did the drawers on Tuesday morning, then the base dresser and handles yesterday. I think it took about 3 1/2 hours total. Now I'm debating whether to paint my dining room set black... I might do the table black and the chair white, maybe with some cute custom seat cushions?

3 comments:

Angel said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! I cant' wait for some warmer weather this spring. I want to paint our kitchen tables and chairs and our front door. I think spray paint will be my new best friend.

Cinderella Moments said...

Very chic! Love it!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!!! Nicely done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails