Monday, September 22, 2008

Jack the Alien

Mallory loves to do anything with art. So right when she woke up this morning, she grabbed a sheet of paper and starting drawing while I was fixing her breakfast. By the time I brought over her waffles and strawberries, she had finished our family portrait. (All last week at school they talked about families). When she showed me the drawing, the first thing out of her mouth was "Jack is an ALIEN!". I looked at the picture, and sure enough, Jack is flying in the air with a circle drawn around his face, which I'm assuming is his air tank? I asked her why Jack was an Alien, and she told me, "There wasn't enough room on the bottom of the page, so he had to be an Alien." Gotta love that 4-year old imagination.



When Nate got home from work, I told him about the drawing. So Mallory ran and got it out of the computer room to show him. He asked her more questions... What are those shapes on everyone's bodies? "Oh, those are how old everyone is. See, Daddy, you are 41, I'm 4, Mommy is 31, Sammy is 6, and Jack is 2." I don't know how many times we've gone over our ages, but Mallory KNOWS that I'm only 21 and Nate is 34 (for real). She's great with letters, but looking at this drawing, I guess we need to work on our numbers.

Since today was the last day of Summer/first day of Fall, we decided to invite some friends over tomorrow after school for a final Slide Party. There will still probably be some HOT days left this year, but we thought it would be fun to get everyone together :-)

So after Jack's attempt at a nap this afternoon, we headed outside to clean up the backyard a bit. Our bug man informed us last time he was here that there are Black Widow Spiders living in our playhouse, so I needed to get them out of there (along with all the wasp nests!) I turned the sprinkler on to get some green back in to our grass and went on my way to clean out the playhouse. I could hear the kids giggling, so I went over to see what they were doing. They had snuck back in the house, got their bathing suits on, and filled up one of our toy buckets with water. They were both dunking their heads under and laughing so hard each time they came up. I ran inside and got my camera.











Related Posts with Thumbnails