The person with the most bids on our two Peanuts Valentine sets (one giveaway for the boys set and one giveaway for the girls set) will win a SURPRISE holiday set from us, worth $65!
You can find the boys listing (with only ONE, lonely bid) here and the girls listing here.
I'm making this tonight for dinner, as we've had a little cold snap and I feel like cooking something delicious! My kids will even eat it!!
1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 (29 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
12 dry lasagna noodles
2 eggs, beaten
1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain fat. Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Lay noodles flat on towels and blot dry.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and 1 tsp salt.
4. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover noodles with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
5. Back in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
I could give you all the nutritional information, but that wouldn't be any fun!
Enjoy with a tossed salad and garlic bread!