Monday, November 3, 2008

How $4 in Candy turns in to $136 at the Vet...

So this morning, I decided that it was time for me to get my butt in gear and start exercising... Maybe because I ate too much candy this weekend?? Maybe it's because my jeans are WAY too tight?? Anyway, our dog, Sammy, always goes with me to take the kids to school if I don't have anywhere to go that morning. Since I decided that I needed to exercise, I wasn't going to bring her along in the car, as she is very difficult to walk on a leash.

When I got home about 45 mintues later, I opened the door from the garage and all I see is Milk Dud candy wrappers all over the kitchen floor and NO dog in sight!! So I start calling her name and she doesn't come running, which makes me think that she is either dead or in another room with more candy and trying to eat it as quickly as possible! I found her in Mallory's bedroom with a the wrapper from a bag of Twix! There are no wrappers or candy, just the bag!!! I quickly got her leash and we headed out to the Vet's office...

Sammy is all better now, after spending the day at the Vet's office and getting a shot to make her throw up. They had a long list of candy that they found, so she must have gotten in to other bags as well. The candy is now safely in the freezer where she hasn't figured out how to get it...yet...

I am still going through the Halloween pictures, so as soon as I get a free minute, I will post them here.


We just listed this cute BOYS Candy Land set. It's 2-pcs and will be re-created in a size 12m-8.
You can find the latest Maddie*kate listing on eBay by clicking here.



3 comments:

Jenn~ said...

Oh gosh...lol...poor Sammy....Sawyer did that too this weekend...but he definately has an iron stomach....dumb stupid dogs....mine opened the top cupboard to get ours....and yup, right into the kids bedroom to eat it...like they are trying to blame the kids...hehehe...I hope he feels better. I feel no sympathy for our dummy....:)

Sweet Sunshine Boutique said...

We have a dog named Sammy too! Awww, have a great day :0)

Ribbons and Pigtails said...

Oh my! What is it with dogs and candy? They are worse than kids :) My golden, Codie was eating lolipops....she actually left the sticks and the wrappers!! That was thanks to my 4 year old's candy stash under the couch!! hehehe :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails